IED Milano: Master in Interior Design
Postato da: admin
14 SEPTEMBER 2020
IED Master | Professional Study Program _ INTERIOR Design Main Project 1
Giorgio Grandi (INT Master), Manuela Sacco (FMKI Design) Leading Design Professor: Fabrizio Pierandrei, Giorgio Grandi
THE GOAL OF THE PROJECT
The purpose of this project is to partially transform and rethink the WJC skyscraper
The goal is to realise the first condo-hotel in Milan giving a new identity to this location within the development of the surrounding area, making it a point of interest and a trendy place.
Students are required to design the rooms of the Condo-Hotel, which are divided in two different types:
- The Junior Suites, which are located on floors 16 and 18 and must occupy an area of approximately 30 square meters.
- It’s just an open space containing the bedroom, the bathroom and the other usual accessories.
- They should have a modern and essential style for an affordable luxury.
- They are destined just to the hotel guests.
- The CapEx we estimate for one Junior Suite is around €10k
- The average rate for the hotel guest is around €200
- The typical hotel guest requiring the Junior Suite is a business traveler as well as a tourist traveler, couple or single.
- The Suites, which are located on floors 13 and 14 and must occupy an area of approximately 60 square meters.
- It’s a space divided into a living room and a bedroom plus the bathroom. The living room has to envisage a shadow kitchen.
- They should maintain a modern, essential and luxury style but give a home feeling as well.
- They will be sold as second home with hotel service; thus, they are destined to the owners and to the hotel guests. When the owners are not using the Suite, all their personal belongings are storage in a dedicated place and perfectly re-set just before their come back. This allows to have a neutral Suite for the hotel guests and a personalized Suite for the owners.
- The CapEx we estimate for one Junior Suite is around €15k
- The average rate for the hotel guest is around €300
- The typical hotel guest requiring the Suite is a high-end business traveler as well as high spending couple or family for tourism
Why Rethink the identity of WJC
What The first condo-hotel in Milan
Where WJC skyscraper
How Requalifying 4 floors into Hotel Suites and Junior Suites
When By the first quarter 2021
How much In the range of €10/15k per Suite